THANK YOU FOR VISITING SWEATSCIENCE.COM!
As of September 2017, new Sweat Science columns are being published at www.outsideonline.com/sweatscience. Check out my bestselling new book on the science of endurance, ENDURE: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance, published in February 2018 with a foreword by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Alex Hutchinson (@sweatscience)
I’m at the Australian Institute of Sport in Canberra for the next few days, for the International Sport Nutrition Conference. Looks like some great sessions on tap from leading researchers around the world:
- “Sports nutrition for the brain” (Romain Meeusen)
- “Beta alanine & carnosine: science and application” (Trent Stellingwerff)
- “Protein, timing and muscle gain” (Stuart Phillips)
- “Train low, compete high” (Louise Burke and John Hawley)
Plus lots of other talks and workshops. The first session starts in half an hour — I’ll try to post some updates over the next few days with highlights. It’s the first conference I’ve been to that started with a 7 a.m. run (during which, needless to say, I and few others got hopelessly lost, and almost got run over by a pair of kangaroos that bombed across the path about two feet in front of us).