THANK YOU FOR VISITING SWEATSCIENCE.COM!
As of September 2017, new Sweat Science columns are being published at www.outsideonline.com/sweatscience. Check out my bestselling new book on the science of endurance, ENDURE: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance, published in February 2018 with a foreword by Malcolm Gladwell.
- Alex Hutchinson (@sweatscience)
[UDPATE 2, May 20, 12:45 p.m. The winners of the three Champion Canada packages are Wendy, Morris and Amby Sony. Congratulations! The prizes were chosen by using Random.org to generate three random integers between 1 and 18, corresponding to the comment numbers. The input screenshot is here, and the winning numbers screenshot is here. If any of the winners are found to be ineligible (i.e. didn’t order the book!), a replacement will be drawn using the same method.]
[UPDATE: The contest is now closed. Many thanks to all who entered, and to Champion Canada!]
It’s exciting times here at Sweat Science: we’re now just a week away from the launch of my new book on the science of fitness and training, Which Comes First, Cardio or Weights? To celebrate, Champion Canada is offering $500 worth of prizes to readers of the blog. There will be three winners, each of whom will receive the following three items:
How to win:
The rules are pretty simple:
1. You have to pre-order a copy of Cardio or Weights? (links to various online pre-order options are available here) before Friday, May 20, 2011 at noon Eastern time.
2. Leave a comment below this post telling me whether you start with cardio or weights when you work out, and why. There will be a bonus prize (a signed copy of the book) for the best response.
Many thanks to the fine folks at Champion Canada for providing the prizes. You can become a fan of Champion Canada on Facebook, see more of their apparel at their website, or check out the videos on their YouTube channel.
The fine print:
- You must be a Canadian resident to enter (sorry!).
- Prizes will be drawn randomly on Friday, May 20, and the winners will be contacted by e-mail.
- If you win, you’ll have to show me some evidence that you pre-ordered the book before the deadline — no retroactive ordering once you win!
- If you’ve already ordered the book (or picked up an advance copy directly from me at a speaking event), you’re a wonderful person and you’re more than welcome to enter.
- Prize packs will be mailed to you directly from Champion Canada once you’ve provided gender and sizing information.