- The Globe and Mail: Canada’s leading newspaper publishes the Jockology column every second Friday.
- Canadian Running: The bimonthly magazine publishes the Science of Running column in each issue, and has a discussion board and lots of new features on its website. (This blog is also mirrored in the Training section there.)
- RW Peak Performance: This blog from Runner’s World’s Amby Burfoot provides quick links to recent studies related to health and athletic performance.
- The Science of Sport: A great blog with in-depth analysis by a couple of top exercise scientists.
- Speed Endurance: Jimson Lee, a Vancouver-based coach and top masters sprinter, provides a interesting look at news in speed and power training.
- Sports Are 80 Percent Mental: Officially, Wisconsin-based blogger Dan Peterson covers the intersection between cognitive science and sports science — but it’s actually a much broader look at sports-related research, with an emphasis on the role of the mind.
- Float On: An always-entertaining look at life as an elite runner, from many-time Canadian champ Reid Coolsaet.
- Weighty Matters: A from-the-trenches perspective on the factors affecting weight gain and loss, and what we should do about it, from Dr. Yoni Freedhoff.